Well, it’s obviously been a while since I’ve posted here and just wanted to make a quick update with a few things:
• The Emerald City ComiCon is very soon (March 1-3) and my wife and I will be headed there for a mini-vacation. We haven’t been the last 2 years, and the last time we were there I was tabling in Artist Alley and barely saw the rest of the show. So this time we’re looking forward to just being free to be fans and see as much as possible, and also catch up with a lot of people we haven’t seen in a long time.
One of those people is my good friend Alex, who runs The Forge of Ice, a tabletop miniatures company I’ve done some work for; you can find them at tables O-13/14. While I’m not exhibiting this year, a lot of my friends from this area are – check out the list over on the Comicsmiths’ Guild site: CSG at ECCC!
• However I will be exhibiting at the Spokane ComiCon, which this year falls on June 1st (my birthday!). I’m splitting an Artist Alley table with my wife Jennifer, so I can show off my art and comic stuff and she can sell her crafty stuff. We’ve even got some ideas for collaborating on a project, but we’ll keep mum on the specifics ’til we’re a bit further along with that…
• Recently I did a guest strip for my buddy Matt Nelson’s webcomic Catbeard the Pirate, while he was taking a short break after finishing up a long storyline. Catbeard’s a great all-ages comic that’s a mix of comedy and adventure – it’s been going for nearly 2 years now, with one collected book out so far. You can see my contribution here: Catbeard Guest Strip!
• I’m starting to post more on my Tumblr blog, as it’s a good place to quickly throw up sketches and works-in-progress along side finished works and other things. I’d recommend following me there for more frequent updates for now: Peter on Tumblr
• I’m planning on sprucing up this site a bit relatively soon, as well as get a proper site set up for Jennifer, but I don’t know how quickly that will actually happen…
• And finally, for any local artist types, this coming Saturday (the 23rd) is the first Spokane Drink & Draw of 2013. It’ll be at the Saranac Public House downtown, from 6-10, and is an all-ages event. It’s being organized by Nathan O’Brien, who runs the Spokane ComiCon, and he’s hoping to make them a regular thing. You can RSVP for the event here: Drink & Draw Social Club February Spectacular!
Thanks for visiting my corner of the internet – I hope to have some more to share soon, and am looking forward to seeing people at upcoming events!